Hennig Brand was a -1-German -2-alchemist who lived in the 1600 (16 Hundreds). In the 17 Century alchemists wanted to extract -3-gold from the human -4-body . He was sure urine had gold because of its -5-colour. He -6-boiled his own urine and finally -7-burned the resulting paste at a high temperature. Smoke appeared and this paste burned violently . Brand had isolated -8-phosphorous from his urine. This was the first element that was isolated.
- Which were the elements in the “Greek Periodic Table”? The elements in the "Greek Periodic Table" were: Air, Fire, Earth and Water
- Why was Antoine Lavoisier important character for Chemistry? He said that a substance can not be divided by any chemical way. Also he created a list of the elements that in that time he known and he divided the list in gases or metals
- How do we know him now? As the father of the Chemistry
e.g. All elements were created in the Big Vang. (create)
- Elements ____were____ ___formed______ and ____released______ into space by exploding stars. (form/release)
- These elements ____were____ ___studied____ by scientists during history. (study)
- The list of elements ___is____ ___finded______in the Periodic Table. (find)
- Elements like gold, silver and copper ___were____ ___discovered______ by ancient cultures. (discover)
- These elements ____were____ ___used______ for jewelry and tools. (use)
- Gold, silver and copper ___could___ _____be____ ___found_____ easily. (can/find)
- For Lavoisier an element cannot be separated by chemical means/methods. _T__
- He made a short list of 2 or 3 elements. _False___
- He divided elements into gases or metals._True__
- He created a complete periodic table. _False__
- Are these sentences TRUE or FALSE?For Lavoisier an element cannot be separated by chemical means/methods. __True_He made a short list of 2 or 3 elements. __False_He divided elements into gases or metals.__True_He created a complete periodic table. __False_Complete the table with the scientists’ names. Put them in chronological order (according to the video. Copy the correct sentences.Scientist’s nameHis contribution to science.John Dalton (D)-(G)Wolfgang Döbereiner(B)- (H)Dmitri Mendeleev(C)-(F)Hennig Brand (A)Antoine Lavoisier (E)a-isolated the first element.b-combined elements to see how they reacted to one another.c-finally organized the set of elements in the periodic table.d-organized elements according to their atomic weight.e-defined what an element was.f-predicted elements that had not been discovered yet.g-weighed elements.h-discovered shared properties and reactions.Hennig Brand isolated the first element. Antoine Lavoisier defined what an element was. Dmitri Mendeleev predicted elements that had not been discovered yet. John Dalton weighed elements and organized elements according to their atomic weight. Wolfgang Döbereiner combined elements to see how they reacted to one another and discovered shared properties and reactions. Dmitri Mendeleev finally organized the set of elements in the periodic table..
His contribution to science.
Wolfgang Döbereiner = b- and h-
Dmitri Mendeleev = c- and f-
Hennig Brand = a-
Antoine Lavoisier = e-
Jhon Dalton = d- and g-
isolated the first element.
combined elements to see how they reacted to one another.
finally organized the set of elements in the periodic table.
organized elements according to their atomic weight.
defined what an element was.
predicted elements that had not been discovered yet.
discovered shared properties and reactions.