Hennig Brand was a -1-German -2-alchemist who lived in the 1600 (16 Hundreds). In the 17 Century alchemists wanted to extract -3-gold from the human -4-body . He was sure urine had gold because of its -5-colour. He -6-boiled his own urine and finally -7-burned the resulting paste at a high temperature. Smoke appeared and this paste burned violently . Brand had isolated -8-phosphorous from his urine. This was the first element that was isolated.
- Which were the elements in the “Greek Periodic Table”? The elements in the "Greek Periodic Table" were: Air, Fire, Earth and Water
- Why was Antoine Lavoisier important character for Chemistry? He said that a substance can not be divided by any chemical way. Also he created a list of the elements that in that time he known and he divided the list in gases or metals
- How do we know him now? As the father of the Chemistry
e.g. All elements were created in the Big Bang. (create)
- Elements ____were____ ___formed____ and __released____ into space by exploding stars. (form/releace)
- These elements ___wer__ _studied__ by scientists during history. (study)
- The list of elements ___is___ ___finded____in the Periodic Table. (find)
- Elements like gold, silver and copper ___were____ ___discovered___ by ancient cultures. (discover)
- These elements ____were___ ___used_____ for jewelry and tools. (use)
- Gold, silver and copper ___could___ __be___ _found___ easily. (can/find)
- For Lavoisier an element cannot be separated by chemical means/methods. _T__
- He made a short list of 2 or 3 elements. _False__
- He divided elements into gases or metals._True_
- He created a complete periodic table. _False__
Scientist’s nameHis contribution to science.Wolfgang Döbereiner = b- and h-Dmitri Mendeleev = c- and f-Hennig Brand = a-Antoine Lavoisier = e-Jhon Dalton = d- and g-a-isolated the first element.b-combined elements to see how they reacted to one another.c-finally organized the set of elements in the periodic table.d-organized elements according to their atomic weight.e-defined what an element was.f-predicted elements that had not been discovered yet.g-weighed elements.h-discovered shared properties and reactions.
Posphorous F 2:222- Calcium Ca 3:233- Magnesium Mg 3:224- Hydrogen H 3:235- Copper Cu 1:026- Silver Ag 1:02
Hennig Brand isolated the first element. Antoine Lavoisier defined what an element was. Dmitri Mendeleev predicted elements that had not been discovered yet. John Dalton weighed elements and organized elements according to their atomic weight. Wolfgang Döbereiner combined elements to see how they reacted to one another and discovered shared properties and reactions. Dmitri Mendeleev finally organized the set of elements in the periodic table.
copper Cu 1:362- silver Ag 1:363- phosphorous P 2:224- sodium Na 3:225- potassium K 3:286- oxygen O 1:28
:) by nico marr y lula <3